Thank you for choosing Stoddard Road Medical Centre as your preferred primary healthcare provider. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced GPs and encourage you to find one you can develop a long-term relationship with. This leads to better continuity of care and allows us to respond to your changing medical needs.
Some of our Doctors may be unable to take on new patients due to their current workload, but our staff will help ensure that we find a Doctor who can manage your needs.
Enrolment with us allows us to access Ministry of Health subsidies to help pay for managing your healthcare and allow us to charge lower fees and provide access to additional services. This process currently takes several months to be confirmed although it is likely to be streamlined in the near future.
The Ministry of Health has clear and strict rules regarding who is eligible to enroll for subsidised healthcare services. All New Zealand citizens and residents are eligible. You can read more about this if needed in the Enrolment Information Guide below. We are required to see evidence of your eligibility at the time of enrolment for all patients, including NZ citizens. This could include:
- Your NZ Passport, or
- Your NZ Birth Certificate (or Cook Island, Niue or Tokelau birth certificate) AND two forms of proof that you are the person on the birth certificate (one with photo ID), or
- Your NZ Certificate of Citizenship AND two forms of proof that you are the person on the certificate (one with photo ID), or
- Overseas passport with evidence of an appropriate visa.
This information confirms that you eligible and can receive the appropriate funding. If you are unable to provide evidence of your eligibility you may not be able to enroll and will not have access to any healthcare subsidies.
We are working on further streamlining the enrolment process but we are limited by the requirements of the Ministry of Health, so there are a few steps to the process.
Below there are three options for enrolling with us. Choose the one that suits you best.
- Registering online with your key information and one of our team will follow up with an email which will include a page to print out and sign, confirming your wish to enrol, confirming your eligibility, and requesting transfer of your medical records
- Downloading the paper work, printing it at home and then sending it back to us or dropping it in
- Coming to the clinic and filling out the form
Please come into the Practice with all the paperwork between the hours of 9am to 4pm (Monday to Friday only). Be aware that this enrolment process may take up to 20 minutes. If you are unable to attend during these hours please ring the Practice so that we may arrange a time that will be convenient.
You will not be able to make an appointment until the enrolment procedure has been completed. This first appointment must also be paid for in advance and will be charged at the New Patient Fee
|NEW PATIENT FEE||ADULT (30 MINUTES)||$50|
|CHILD 14-17 (15 MINUTES)||$30|
|CHILD 6-13 (15 MINUTES)||$15|
|CHILD UNDER 6 YEARS (15 MINUTES)||FREE|
. Subsequent visits will be subsidised and be much cheaper for you. Click here for fee.
Option 1 : Register Online
Once you have registered online, our team will send you a follow up email , which will include a page to print out and sign, confirming your wish to enrol, confirming your eligibility, and requesting transfer of your medical records
Option 2 : Download and fill out enrolment forms
Click the link to download the enrolment forms, then print them out, fill them in and then return to us by email, fax, post or drop them in.
Option 3 : Come to the clinic and fill out the forms